Event Rentals: Pick The Best Menu For Your Themed Event
While parties and events are really fun and exciting, the behind-the-scenes of organizing and preparing is like the untold story of a movie. Event rentals and your other suppliers can only do so much, but the rest is really up to you. So whether you are devising a small party or a big event, the starting point will come from you. But always remember that no matter how grand and well-coordinated your party is, your main concern should always be the food. It’s “the life of the party”, leaving aside whether the event is exclusive to a small group only or an ‘open for all’ kind of an occasion, it’s your menu that summarizes everything.
The Theme And Food Match
Although it’s fine not to have a theme at a party, oddly because you can’t think of one which will be your most kept secret, still, having a theme adds up to your guests’ excitement and will actually make your planning easier. More importantly, when it comes to party food preferences. Appropriateness of the food matters to any themed event, like, you can’t just serve pizzas and tarts if you are having a gala night, right?
Here are some party themes with the suggested party menu for your guidelines.
For an Ethnic-Themed party.
- Your food selections should include: Italian, Mexican or Chinese. For an added twist, you can also have Japanese, Indian, Ethiopian and Thai dishes.
How about a ‘Harry Potter’ Themed party.
- Your food choices should have: Butter Beer, Pumpkin juice, treacle tarts or a cauldron inspired cakes and cupcakes. This will surely entice your Potterhead guests.
Try an Ancient Era Theme.
- Go over the Victorian Era, Renaissance or the Roman Empire time and scout what their menu is usually composed of. Aside from the unlimited music selection, you should also have the unlimited choices of the following: mashed potatoes, meatloaf with a dessert of gelatin topped with whipped cream.
Craving for a Pizza-Taco Themed party.
- You can serve your own versions and variations of classic pizzas or make sure to order the best classic and timeless pizza favorites from one of the best pizza parlors around your area. Set up a bar and condiments section filled with lots of mixes for a DIY or Create Your Own taco, burrito, nacho or fajita. It should include a delicious choice of meat, beans, salsa, avocado, cheese, cilantro, cheese, and toppings.
The DIY Themed party.
- This is more like a potluck style, but with a twist. Have your guests bring a dish that they are confident enough to share with the group. They can basically cook anything but it should be something that they can explain why and how it was created. This kind of party can be great during reunions, homecomings or a gathering with close friends and relatives.
A Vegan-Inspired party theme.
- If you wanted to try something different, serve dishes that are all veggie-based. It means it’s going to be a ‘no meat’ menu event. This is to show support to your friends and colleagues who have adopted the vegan lifestyle and to show the benefits of being vegetarian to your meat lover homies. So if you have limited ideas about vegetable recipes, coordinate with your catering company and discuss with them the vegan-inspired menu that they can offer you or can assemble for you.
Going With The Classy and Corporate Style
If you prefer to try something new, like more on the corporate-styled event, here are some of the ‘elite’ and ‘exclusive’ theme and menu choices you must try.
The Classic Lunch
- This kind of themed event includes a balanced meal of vegetables, fish, and meat on the menu. You can serve:
- Ceasar salad
- Duck wrap
- Roasted beef sandwich
- Grilled salmon and avocado salad
- Chicken salad with fruits and veggies
The French Twist
- Drop the usual and predictable themed-menu and try a cuisine with an attitude. Find a catering partner that can come up with a menu from across the globe.
- The French-themed food selection should include the following:
- Ratatouille Canapés
- Mini crème Brulee
- Baked Camembert With Garlic Butter Baguette
- Fois Grass Crostini
- Croquet Monsieur
These themes and menus can be something you have experienced or heard about or are also something new. Trying experimenting with something different is what makes an event notable and intriguing. Coordinate well with your caterers’ equipment rentals Rockland NY about your theme ideas and menu so they can prepare and give justification to your one-of-a-kind party event.